Puddleducks Management Committee meeting, July 17th 2017, 7.30pm

 

Attendees:

Rachel Cushing
(RC)

Sarah Haddon
(SHa)

Sarah Webster
(SW)

Sarah Headland
(SHe)

Jo Doughty
(JD)

Amy Brown
(AB)

Elaine Kong
(EK)

 

 

Apologies:

Amy Snowling
(AS)

Katherine Rowlandson
(KR)

Louise Gaskin
(LG)

Nick Headland
(NH)

Janice Mark
(JM)

Steve Mark
(SM)

 

 

 

 

1. Minutes and apologies
1.1 The minutes of the last meeting were agreed.

2. Matters arising
2.1 The poster has been printed and is now on display.
2.2 A new paying-in book should soon be with AS.
2.3 AS has emailed the funding form to RC.

2.4 Action carried forward: SHa to phone PLA and ask how to change our model whilst still being members; and also search forums for advice.

2.5 Action carried forward: RC to conduct a leaving interview with Steph.

2.6 Action carried forward: SW to email list of equipment to RC.

2.7 A response from Crafty Little Tinkers has been received, claiming Ducklings sometimes borrows CLT equipment; and other groups in the Scout Hut also use our tables.

2.7.1 Action: RC to email Debs to ask her to approach users of the Scout hut and remind them that the tables belong to Ducklings, and a donation is requested for their use.

2.8 AS has asked to Natasha to pay our back dated rent.

2.8.1 Action: AS to check the rent has now been paid.

2.9 Committee members agreed on email to a £4.30 p/h fee increase.
2.10 Gemma Hall is happy to make a new sign. We hope it will be ready in time for the new term in September.

2.10.1 Action: RC to get the dimensions for the sign.


3. Finance
3.1 We are currently down just under £1,000; however after unpaid rent is deducted, it takes us to nearer -£3,000.
3.2 The Summer term funding was paid from NCC and totalled nearly £25,000.

3.3 Forecasting to the end of the year, we will be negative £4,000 which isn't as bad as first anticipated at the beginning of the academic year.
3.4 Action: RC to email Natasha to confirm theatre ticket cost comes out of fundraising.
3.5 We will need to update our signatories after the new committee has been voted in.

4. Outsourcing payment of wages
4.1 Natasha has requested that paying wages is outsourced, and has found a potential candidate at a cost of £41 per month (three hours' work per month).
4.2 Action: RC to email Natasha to ask where the quote has come from; and also to ask AS and possibly Susie if they can provide extra quotes.

5. EY2s
5.1 AB has received hers, but the wording might be wrong.
5.2 Action: RC to email Ofsted to confirm AB's role.

6. Constitution/PLA
6.1 Action 2.4 has been carried forward; otherwise nothing to report.

7. 30 Hours
7.1 No update.

8. Staffing – recruitment and Wednesday set-up payment
8.1 Further interviews have been conducted, and the staff vacancy potentially filled.
8.2 Staff are currently paid overtime for set-up from 8.15am – 8.30. This is not always required on a Wednesday.
8.2.1 We will leave the time as it is on their overtime sheets for now, and review the situation when we review salaries again in September.
8.3 New time sheets for staff are needed – this could be done when the wages are outsourced.

9. Fees
9.1 The increase to £4.30 p/h has been agreed by committee.
9.2 Action: RC to ask Debs to email parents and inform them of the increase.

10. Lead practitioner's report
10.1 It's been a busy half term. School transitions have been completed and an emotional leavers' afternoon held; with lots of positive feedback from parents.
10.1.1 Action: NH to set up a private You Tube account for parents to view the leavers' video.
10.2 The end of term party takes place on Friday, and payment has been made. A picnic for parents and a presentation will follow.
10.3 The eco garden is still desperately in need of weeding and general TLC. We could look for a community group grant from either the Co-Op or parish council.
10.3.1 Action: RC to email the parish council to ask if we can apply for a grant.
10.4 We have 21 new starters in September, with more joining in October. The waiting list is looking healthy too.

11. Fundraising
11.1 The Gym fete raised £34.52.
11.2 All but 2 Spree books have been returned. We sold 28, and made a profit of £140.
11.3 Webb Ivory has closed down, and there is no alternative.
11.4 The Quiz and Cakes evening is on 19th August. Three teams have been confirmed so far. The raffle prizes are looking good, and requests for donations will be made to local shops.
11.5 Dates have been suggested for the joint Christmas fair with Peacocks – either 26th November or 10th December.
11.6 The end of year fundraising figures will come after the quiz night.

12. Committee future planning
12.1 There has been no response to RC's email, but verbal interest has been declared and seems more positive.
12.2 We must chase up any parents who express an interest in joining the committee; and push the AGM.

13. Village hall committee
13.1 A new rep for the committee will be needed, as SHa is standing down in October.

14. Safeguarding
Nothing to report


15. Health & safety
Nothing to report

16. AOB
16.1 The date of the AGM was agreed for 5th October.
16.1.1 Action: SHe to book the function room at the World's End and make posters nearer the time.